United Youth Journalists is a hub for sharing important issues and stories across the world, and we love new voices! If you are interesting in joining us, there are three options:
- If you are passionate about writing and would like to join as a journalist, please fill out this application form.
- If you are a fluent and/or native English speaker and would like to join as an editor, rather than a journalist, please fill out this application form. (Note: if you would like to write and edit, you can apply to be an editor after being accepted as a journalist)
- If you have an article that you would like to submit to us without joining United Youth Journalists, we accept article submissions! This is a great option if you don’t have the time to commit to UYJ regularly but still have an important issue that you’d like to talk about. Please note that sending in your article is not a guarantee of publishing, as United Youth Journalists has the right to say no if the article does not meet our standards or is a topic already covered. If your article is rejected due to low quality, we will send you feedback, in case you choose to improve it and send it back to us! If writing an article is something you are interested in, please ensure that you read the following instructions: Write your article! Please ensure that your article includes a title, your name and country, images and sources
- For every image you include in the article, please provide the image in a separate file (.jpg, .jpeg, etc) or provide us the image web links. Please also note the source of the image. For example, if you took the image from Reuters, please note that the image is from Reuters. If you took the image yourself, great! Just let us know!
- Once you have written your article and included all the above, it’s ready to submit! Please send the article to our email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your email under the subject title “Submission”.
- In your email submission, please also include a two sentence description of who you are! Our readers like to get to know the journalists behind the articles. For examples of what this looks like, check out our members page. This description will be included at the end of the article. If you do not want to include description, that is totally fine!
- We will confirm receiving your article, and contact you again later if we decide to publish your article. Before your article is published, our editors will edit the article first. We will keep you updated on your article’s progress!
- If you want to write an article for us, but want to write under a pseudonym, please let us know. You can create a pen name, or write under “Anonymous”. If you write under a pseudonym, we would still like to know which country you are from, but the description of who you are is optional.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!